Hello everyone, good morning! Hope you’re all well and managing to stay warm during this cold spell of weather, if your similar to me, you’ve probably got all the blankets out (if you have them) and are wrapped up in them as soon as you get home, I won’t deny that it’s what my family and I have been doing for the past week or two. Before I get on with today’s post I just wanna say a belated Happy Birthday to my dad whose birthday was actually yesterday! It was nice being able to spend the day with him (he’s usually working on the day), so it was lovely to be able to just chill out and watch films for once without any stress 😃
Anyway on with today’s post… With the temperature dropping and it being Autumn/Fall AKA ‘flu season’, we’ve been trying to make meals that will keep us warm but is also quick and easy that still tastes nice, and one that ticks those boxes that can actually be made for either Breakfast / Lunch or Dinner is this Middle Eastern and North African dish that I thought would be nice to share with all of you!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced (can use green pepper, if preferred)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 28-ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 6 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 1 Small Bunch Fresh Parsley, Chopped (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add garlic and spices and cook an additional minute.
3. Pour the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
4. Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley (if desired).
If you decide to make this meal, I really hope you enjoy it 😃
Thank you for visiting my blog, have a great week and I will see you next Wednesday!