Good morning everyone, hope you’re all well ☺ I can’t believe its Wednesday again already, it seems like just yesterday that I was setting up a post on mental health. The week has officially gone by too fast that its made my days meld together. I don’t think its helped that I’ve started coming down with a cold and I’m under a lot of stress at the moment, but enough with the moaning, let’s get on with today’s post…
One of my favourite snacks to have every once in a while is a Millionaire’s Shortbread, I love how quick and easy they are to make and that you can never have just one. If you want to make them, here’s the recipe on how…
For the Shortbread:
- 250g Plain Flour
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 175g Butter, softened
For the Caramel:
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- 100g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 x 397g Can Condensed Milk
For the Topping:
- 200g Plain or Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease a 33 x 23cm Swiss roll tin with a lip of at least 3cm.
2. To make the shortbread, mix 250g plain flour and 75g caster sugar in a bowl. Rub in 175g softened butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough, then press into the base of the prepared tin.
4. Prick the shortbread lightly with a fork and bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly browned. Leave to cool in the tin.
5. To make the caramel, place 100g butter or margarine, 100g light muscovado sugar and one 397g can condensed milk in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently, stirring continuously, for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
7. For the topping, melt 200g plain or milk chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour over the cold caramel and leave to set. Cut into squares or bars.
If you do decide to make them, I hope you find this little treat as yummy as I did! ☺
Enjoy the rest of your week and I will see you next Wednesday.