Good morning everybody, hope you’re all staying warm and keeping well 🤞🏽 If you live in the U.K, you know that this past weekend we had to deal with the storm that was named Ciara, a lot of homes and shops, well actually a lot of places, in general, got flooded, so I’m hoping that everyone that has been affected is OK and that everyone whose heating stopped working, they are finding warmth from somewhere else I.e blankets/layers of clothes/hot water bottles, etc… wherever you are please stay safe.
Continuing on from last week with the Valentine’s Day theme, I thought I would do not one but two recipes. If your thinking of doing a meal for either your partner for date night or having a night in to yourself and are stuck for ideas, here is a main meal and dessert recipe that are worth a try!
Vegetarian Stir-Fried Ramen
- 2 Package Instant Ramen
- 6 Heads of Baby Bok Choy
- 1 Medium Sized Carrot
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ Package of 14 oz Firm Tofu
- 1 Stalk of Green Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Salt to Taste
For The Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
1. Use whatever brand of instant ramen you’d like. Cook the noodles in boiling water. Don’t overcook as the stir fry later will add to the cooking time.
2. Crush garlic with the side of the knife & give it a rough chop. I like chunky pieces. Cut vegetables & tofu to about 1-inch pieces or whatever you prefer.
3. Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Have all the ingredients ready before firing up the pan.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok or pan. Must be hot so ingredients don’t stick to the pan. Add garlic, onions, carrots & stir fry for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the bok choy. Add some salt to taste on the vegetables here and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes or desired tenderness.
6. Add the tofu and cooked noodles and pour the soy sauce mixture over the noodles.
7. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes making sure sauce is evenly distributed on the noodles. Add more salt or soy sauce here to taste. Add green onions.
8. Plate it up and serve with a hot sauce of your choice.
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Cookies
For the cookies:
- 57 Grams Butter, softened
- 50 Grams Sugar
- 50 Grams Brown sugar
- 1 Small egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- 30 Grams Cacao powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking soda
For the filling;
- 50 Grams Cream cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup Plus 1 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry jam
- 2 Drops of vanilla extract
1. To make the filling blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap & keep it in the freezer. It is better to leave it overnight.
2. For the cookies, cream the butter with the sugars. Then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well and add the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Finally, add the milk and mix until it is all combined.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. It is quite sticky so the longer it is in the fridge, the better.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Grab a bit more than a teaspoon of the dough and start making a ball. Repeat for all of the dough. You’ll need 2 balls to make 1 cookie.
7. Take the filling out of the freezer. It will have an ice cream-like consistency.
8. Flatten 2 balls with the palm of your hands. Place a bit of the filling in the middle & cover it with the other half. Seal the edges with your hands.
9. Repeat for all of the dough and bake for 10 minutes.
10. You can wait for them to cool down and the filling to harden or eat them warm with the filling still gooey.
Enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe, and I shall see you next Wednesday! 😃