Good morning everyone, how are you all? well, I hope.
I said last week that I would update you about the X-ray I had to have to check my leg out, well just as I had thought, it’s not broken (thank god!) but it means I need to go back to the doctors to see what else could be the problem for why I can’t put my weight on it. We think there’s a possibility the bone could be bruised on the inside, but we’ll have to wait and see what the doctor says next.
Last Thursday at 9pm on BBC1, there was a documentary about Jesy Nelson discussing social media, and being trolled by people using different platforms on social media. I’m not going to spoil anything for people who haven’t watched it yet, but it was very inspiring and teaches us a lesson that we should love ourselves for exactly who we are, so I wanted to motivate people with quotes about self-love to hopefully inspire them to have some self-confidence in themselves.
20 Self Love Quotes
2. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
– Parker Palmer
4. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
– Brené Brown
6. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.”
– Stacey Charter
8. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.”
– Maya Angelou
12. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”
– Johnny Depp
14. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”
– Bob Moawad
16. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
18. Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you. ―Lilly Singh
20. Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are. ― Turcois Ominek
Have a good week, and I will see you next time! ☺