Apologies everyone to my lack of posts over the last few weeks, I’ve suffered a major relapse that has only started to let me recover. I’m not gonna lie its been horrendous. But I’m slowly on the mend 😊 I’m getting excited about this weekend as we’re going to visit Kim, Chris and Isaac which I’m very giddy about 😊 anyway on with today’s post…
Today’s post is as you can plainly see a recipe that we absolutely love in our house and have quite often as its light and quick to whip up, I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do 😋
Omelette With Tomato And Pepper Sauce
For the sauce
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil , plus a little extra for the pancakes
- 1 yellow pepper , quartered, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- wholemeal bread or salad leaves, to serve
- STEP 1: First make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the pepper and garlic for 5 mins to soften them. Spoon in the cider vinegar and allow to sizzle away. Tip in the tomatoes, then measure in a third of a can of water. Cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins until the peppers are tender and the sauce is thick.
- STEP 2: Meanwhile, make the pancakes. Beat 1 egg with 1 tsp water and seasoning, then heat a small non-stick frying pan with a tiny amount of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 mins until set into a thin pancake. Lift onto a plate, cover with foil and repeat with the other eggs. Roll up onto warm plates, spoon over the sauce and scatter with the basil. Serve with bread or a salad on the side. Works well with wedges As well. 😊
I recommend trying this recipe, It’s one of my absolute favorites! I hope you Enjoy. Thank you for reading my blog this week again apologies about the last few weeks. I shall see you next week with *drum roll please* Phoebe Quotes!