Morning all, how’s everyone doing? I’m ok, although last Wednesday I accidentally smashed my head against our kitchen table which is made from a really hard glass (by the way) as I was helping with folding the laundry whilst I was sat down, when one of the items of clothing decided to fall on the floor, and I misjudged the distance of how close I was to the table when I was trying to reach to pick it up, and my head connected with the table, so now I’ve got a bump and a very noticeable bruise on my forehead, but I’m ok.
Anyway, sorry about that, let’s get to the Caramel Tart recipe that is so yummy, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Caramel Chocolate Tart
For the Biscuit Base
- 215 g Golden Oreos
- 70 g Unsalted Butter, (Melted)
- 175 g Salted Caramel Sauce, (Plus extra for drizzling)
For the Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 175 g Dark Chocolate, (Finely Chopped)
- 50 g Unsalted Butter, (Cubed)
- 165 ml Double Cream
To Make the Biscuit Base
- Put the Oreos (including the fillings) in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse again until clumping.
2. Tip the crumbs into the tart tin and press into the base and sides.
3. Pour in the caramel sauce and spread evenly over the bottom. Place in the freezer.
To Make the Chocolate Ganache Filling
1. Finely chop the dark chocolate and put it in a bowl with the butter.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat just up to a boiling point. Pour over the chocolate and leave for 5 mins.
3. Stir the cream/chocolate until thick and shiny. Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel and smooth out. Chill for 1 hour.
4. Before serving, drizzle with more caramel sauce. Store in the fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
This is so delicious and easy to make. I’m so happy I found the recipe! If you’re wanting to try a new recipe and are stuck for ideas, check out the Kitchen Mason website, I’ll include the link here >https://kitchenmason.com< Enjoy! 😃
Have a good week and I shall see you next Wednesday.