Morning everyone, hope you’re all ok. I’m annoyingly coming down with a cold which is making my nose become blocked and affecting my breathing, anyone else having this problem? but I’m pushing through it as there is so much that needs to be done before Christmas and so little time to do it in. This week has been better where my dads’ work is concerned, he’s decided not to take on any more doubles at work (apart from Saturdays) as it’s taking its toll on him and he wants to be able to spend some time with his family (not forgetting my sister) ☺.
World Kindness Day
What Is World Kindness Day?
World Kindness Day is an international holiday that was formed in 1998, to promote kindness throughout the world and is observed annually on November 13 as part of the World Kindness Movement. It is observed in many countries including the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and the U.A.E. World Kindness Day presents us with the opportunity to reflect upon one of the most important and unifying human principles. On a day devoted to the positive potential of both large and small acts of kindness, try to promote and diffuse this crucial quality that brings people of every kind together.
World Kindness Day was first introduced as a day of observation by the World Kindness Movement. In 2019, the organization was registered as an official NGO under Swiss law, but the history of the group stretches back to a Tokyo-based convention in 1997. An array of institutions and associations based in countries including Australia, Thailand, the United States, and the United Kingdom had been assembled at this conference because of their dedication to championing kindness in society. The purpose of World Kindness Day as outlined by the World Kindness Movement is “to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness which binds us.” Since its creation more than two decades ago, the day has achieved truly global notice; events associated with the day have attracted participants from every inhabited continent.
2. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
4. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
6. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
8. “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
10. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
12. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart.” – Maya Angelou
14. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
16. “There are many different ways we can show kindness to others, and it doesn’t have to be in a big way. The simplest of things may make a difference.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18.“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” – Plato
20. “I actually think that the most efficacious way of making a difference is to lead by example, and doing random acts of kindness is setting a very good example of how to behave in the world.” – Misha Collins
If you want to show a bit of kindness towards others, here are a few ideas…
- Offer your seat to someone on the train, bus, or subway.
- Next time you order something from a counter, ask the cashier how their day is going.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Donate (time, clothes, money, etc…)
Enjoy the rest of your week, and I shall see you next Wednesday! ☺